It’s only been 8 months since we started trading and we’re very proud of what has been achieved in 2010. Here’s a quick summary:
- SLC secured all three publicly tendered major projects it bid for in 2010 – and has successfully delivered 11 projects over the last 8 months, with two major commissions carrying over into 2011.
- Marcus Kingwell was appointed interim Chief Executive of ISPAL – a part time role to prepare for the creation of the Institute for Sport early in the new year.
- Duncan Wood-Allum has established the International Exchange Group on Linkedin in his role as International Panel lead for CLOA and will be driving this programme forward to promote international collaboration within the sector into 2011.
- We delivered two well received New Your Study Tour Seminars on in partnership with Birmingham City Council and Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
- We have delivered seven presentations and papers this year to a number of national and regional organisations including Leisure Industry Week, London Parks Forum, London Museum Improvement Network and ISPAL National Conference.
Recognising SLC’s Associates SLC has had the privilege of working with some of the UK’s best specialist consultants in the sector. We’d like to thank them for all their contributions this year and we look forward to an exciting 2011.
- John Wood – Sport and Leisure Consultant
- Joanna Bussell – Partner – Winckworth Sherwood – Legal Adviser
- Steve McIntyre – The VAT Consultancy – VAT and Tax Adviser
- Alex Burrows – Leisuremarkets – strategic data analysis
- Paddy McNulty – Culture and Museums Consultant
- Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan Archives Consultant
Partnerships in 2011 Looking ahead, SLC is partnering with the following leading organisations to provide our clients with access to the very best advice.
- Prospects 4Sport – one of the UK’s leading sports development consultancies
- Golden Yew Consulting – providing strategic property advice to support business transformation across council boundaries
- Leisuremarkets Ltd – providing cutting edge strategic data analysis and business planning for strategic decision making on developments and portfolio reviews
- Winckworth Sherwood – providing the best advice on legal structures, governance and management models
- The VAT Consultancy – providing leading VAT and Tax advice.
Duncan Wood-Allum, Founder Director of SLC said, “The last year has demonstrated that clients are seeking the very best advice and people at sensible prices. The days of paying for your consultant’s overheads as well as their fees are long gone. SLC will remain lean, agile, responsive and offer outstanding value into 2011.”