We’ll use our experience to develop an approach that is the most effective way to get the job done well. However, projects are complex and you’ll require a consultant that can be flexible when it’s needed and come back to you with solutions rather than problems. In short, we deliver.
What makes working with us so different?
- Our lead consultants are visible and accessible throughout your project.
- We have a balanced team to ensure that you’re not paying over the odds for tasks and activities which our senior people don’t need to be doing.
- We connect clients and peers with each other to improve their learning through knowledge sharing.
- We are not afraid to challenge you with new approaches and ideas we’ve learned from elsewhere.
- We offer innovative approaches to dealing with our clients’ specific challenges and needs. We have no standard approach to our work, apart from proven methodologies we adapt to your needs.
- Our project management is meticulous – you get full visibility and control.
- If something’s going wrong (as it will from time to time), we flag it up and sort it without fuss.
How do we manage your project?
SLC manages between 30 to 40 major consultancy projects per annum and our client base is growing. We have embedded a range of processes in our work to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. These processes include:
- Production of a detailed resource plan and work programme which identifies staff roles, responsibilities, client input and key outputs with identified deadlines/milestones
- Ongoing detailed project monitoring which is shared with clients to identify where resources have been utilised against different stages of the project
- A named project manager responsible for monitoring progress against schedule and reporting this at agreed intervals using our unique Project Update Dashboard based on Prince 2 principles
- All projects are subject to regular review and audit to ensure that work stays on track; this enables us to make any adjustments necessary
- The resources we allocate to specific tasks are time-allocated and based on our experience of undertaking similar projects.
SLC achieved certification in ISO:9001:2008 (No.201793) in February 2015 and transitioned to the ISO 9001:2015 standard in February 2018. SLC maintains this standard through regular external audits.
ISO 9001 is the international standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system and is the most widely recognised standard in the world.
The reason we have developed our systems to comply with the standard is simple:
- We base our working practices upon the key tenets of the standard: consistency, quality and continuous improvement.
- We are continually striving to improve the quality and effectiveness of the work we do on behalf of clients.
- Our clients appreciate it; to date, over 95% of our clients say they would work with us again. (Source: Independent client feedback).
SLC’s Quality Policy is available upon request.