‘Recovery Planning – Key Considerations for Public Leisure Services’
Exploring affordability – key challenges and opportunities.
Thursday 11 June from 3pm-4.30pm
Virtual Think Tank
- What are the likely additional costs Councils will need to bear in order to reopen their leisure facilities?
- What options are being explored by Councils and their Leisure Partners to help limit these costs?
- Will Councils be able to afford to re-open all of their facilities at once following easing of lockdown measures?
- What are Members’ expectations regarding re-opening of facilities and the recovery phase and do they understand the likely costs?
- How should Councils and their Leisure Partners prioritise which facilities, or parts of facilities, to re-open?
- What are the potential medium and longer-term implications for leisure facility portfolios?
- What impact will changes to the Government’s Job Protection Scheme have on Leisure Partnerships?
- What are Leisure Operators doing to respond to significantly diminished income levels during the recovery phase?
- Within such a financially driven context, how can the needs of the most vulnerable groups be met through the recovery phase?
This session is open for Local Authority Clients and Public Sector Leisure Operators.
Places are limited to a maximum of 25 delegates.
SLC will provide and publish a short summary of the sessions on its website blog at www.slc.uk.com. Any input and contributions will be non-attributable.
We do hope this will be a way of ensuring we can capture and share some positive ideas, best practice and allow sector peers to connect and support each other.
About Virtual Think Tanks
SLC is hosting and facilitating a series of Virtual Think Tanks on public sector leisure provision, building on our heritage of hosting peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and transfer seminars for the leisure sector for over 10 years.
To date SLC has hosted 80 local authorities and several leisure operators since the beginning of the Covid-crisis.
SLC will regularly host a 90-120 minute Zoom video conference session to explore key questions and challenges facing the sector. We will be exploring current issues and also looking ahead to the new ‘normal’ and how our sector can adapt and respond to take advantage of new opportunities within what is likely to be a long period of economic recovery and social change.
Virtual Think Tanks are to offer colleagues support and share and generate ideas, for the benefit of the sector only. Nothing else.
To register or if you have any questions and/or suggestions for future discussion topics, please contact us on email@example.com or call us on 01444 459927.