The Big Apple’s Approach to Parks and Recreation
Autumn Seminars in London, 30 September and Birmingham 12 October. Duncan Wood-Allum invites you to SLC’s exclusive half day seminars highlighting a number of successful approaches that could be the inspiration for adapting ways of working in the sport, parks and leisure industry in the UK.
- responded to significant budget cuts through unlocking the potential of communities to help themselves – their approach to ‘Big Society’
- addressed city wide issues such as obesity and poor nutrition through Commissioning with their Health and Education partners
- developed new approaches to improving active participation through partnerships, pricing and outreach
- empowered social enterprises and the voluntary sector to reposition and advocate its Parks and Recreation service
- secured commercial partnerships to support its programmes.
2. Debate what is being presented throughout the seminar which will be reported in The Leisure Review Journal.