SLC is the UK’s leading strategic adviser for public sector leisure, physical activity, sport and wellbeing. We have an unrivalled track record of delivery with core cities, major metropolitan councils and local authorities supporting service transformation and investment. Our sector presence as a thought leader is firmly established and we influence across the UK and globally. We have recently developed national guidance to support strategic planning and service delivery in England.
We are leading the way in transforming the approach with which communities are supported in leading more active lives. We’re passionate about addressing inequalities and in a post-COVID world, are supporting our clients through recovery and towards their active vision of the future.
Recent clients include: Sport England, Sheffield City Council, Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Combined Authorities, Bristol City Council, Ebbsfleet Development Corporation, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and Westminster City Council.
As part of our exciting plans for growth, we’re looking for the highest calibre professionals at Senior Consultant level to further enhance our exceptional team.
You will play a lead role in the delivery of exciting projects, supporting the following types of projects:
- Working on national programmes and initiatives with Government Agencies
- Supporting Active Cities and local authorities reshape their vision and deliver it through new facility and service development, partnerships and transformation
- Developing and supporting new masterplans, facility developments and infrastructure projects
- Developing new innovative approaches to service delivery and partnerships
- Supporting workforce transformation
- Embedding whole systems and neighbourhood-based approaches
- Developing new ways of measuring and demonstrating impact and outcomes.
- Degree or Master’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in a related area of research, consulting or equivalent role
- Career interest in public health, physical activity, sport and wellbeing
- Competent written and verbal communication and storytelling skills and some experience in facilitating groups
- Comfortable with numerical analysis and modelling e.g. analysis of quantitative trends etc.
- Creative problem solving and conceptual thinking skills that can be applied tactically to deliverables or conceptually to strategies and frameworks
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills combined with a creative mindset
- Ability to distil complex information into key themes – recognising nuances in data and using that data to tell a compelling story for the client
- Project management skills – able to effectively manage time and prioritise multiple and sometimes challenging tasks
- General knowledge of business fundamentals, organisational strategy and organisational issues
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and multi-tasking demands
- Ability to contribute individually and as a team member
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high quality and service excellence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Position requires travel as needed for project work, balanced with home and office based working (West Sussex).
Working alongside SLC Directors who are leading experts in their fields, we’ll help you play to your strengths and support you in developing new skills and consulting competencies to support your ongoing development. Location is flexible and we offer full or part-time positions. Our HQ is based in West Sussex.
SLC is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary and bonus scheme will be reflective of your talent and contribution.
To apply please send your CV and a ‘why me’ letter to firstname.lastname@example.org